The Snowdrop Hat by Kate Gagnon Osborn begins with a provisional cast on, then a folded brim is worked in a K2, P2 Ribbing. Once the ribbing is complete, the provisional cast on is unpicked and placed on a spare circular needle and the stitches are joined to created a folded brim.
After the brim is complete, the body of the hat is worked in a graphic stranded colorwork pattern from a chart. The chart is worked 5 times around. Decreases shape the crown, and a pom pom and a cute custom KW tag completes the look.
• 1 skein of Andorra in Snow White
• 1 skein of Andorra in Ink Black
• 1 custom KW leather tag
• 2 Perennial butterflies in Natural and Black
• KW Year of Gifts sticker
• Postcard with code to download the pattern (Snowdrop Hat) for free
• Screenprinted project bag
Images: Linette Kielinski