Courtney really likes to shake things up in the spring with some wild hat designs and bold colors, and Ivy Hill is no exception! The bobbles on Ivy Hill are big and bold and fun to knit.
The hat starts with a garter rib and jumps into a bobble diamond pattern – both written and charted – before decreasing in pattern for the crown. The bobbles are worked over 5 stitches, and keeping them loose and even is crucial for purling all 5 stitches together (like a modified nupp). This hat is so cheerful and fun, and the Germantown Bulky makes it knit up so fast it’ll be on your head in time for St. Paddy’s Day.
• 1 skein of Kelbourne Woolens Germantown Bulky in jade
• 1 leather tag and color coordinating yarn winding to sew tag on
• 1 Kelbourne Woolens drawstring bag
• 1 postcard with image and URL to download the free pattern
• 1 Year of Bulky Hats sticker
Images: Linette Kielinski