GOTS certified yarns and textiles are globally recognized, not just for using organically grown fibers, but for ensuring the social and environmental conditions of every level of production are to the highest standards. The social responsibility aspect of the GOTS certification ensures that:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour must not be used
- Living wages are provided
- Working hours are not excessive; no discrimination is practiced
- Regular employment is provided; harsh or inhumane treatment is prohibited
GOTS certification also ensures that the energy and water consumption, the emissions, environmental responsibility, and chemical outputs from the field to the shelves of your local yarn shop are of the highest international organic and ecological standard.
Kelbourne Woolens received our GOTS Certification
through Oregon Tilth on April 17, 2018.
BC Garn Yarns
We are currently offering seven BC Garn yarns to Local Yarn Shops
in North America. Click on the images below to learn more about each yarn.