Spring has sprung here in Philly, and what better time to share with you this super cute free pattern than a beautiful cool sunny day?
Genmaicha is a lovely colorblocked hat with limitless color possibilities.
Knit in Canopy Fingering and designed by Kate Gagnon Osborn, this cute hat is worked from the top down with extra length for perfect slouch, deep ribbing for a comfortable and secure fit, and is finshed with an oversized pom pon.
• Yarn: The Fibre Company Canopy Fingering: orchid (MC), cumulus (CC1) + parakeet (CC2), 1 skein each.
• Gauge: 31 sts and 36 rnds = 4“ in St st after blocking.
• Needles: 1 – 16” US 1 (2.25 mm) circs + 1 – 16“ US 3 (3.25 mm) circs and set dpns.
• Size: 18” circumference, unstretched, 9.75” height.
• Notions: Darning needle, 1 stitch marker, large pompon maker.
• Necessary Skills: Knitting, purling, increasing.
You can download the pattern here. For a list of stockists who may carry the Canopy Fingering, check out our stockist page here.