When Charlie was a teeny tiny baby (in sharp contrast to her whopping 8 month old self), Kate was able to keep hats on her with no trouble. Now that Charlie has developed a feisty little mind of her own, her hands constantly reach for whatever is on her head.
With that in mind, Kate incorporated everything she loves about baby hats - a "pixie" look, ties to hold it snug, a close fit, and integrated ear flaps to keep baby warm - into a new hat for Charlie to wear this fall and winter.
• Yarn: The Fibre Co. Terra: logwood purple, 1 skein.
• Gauge: 20 sts and 27 rows = 4" in St St after blocking.
• Needles: 1 - 16” US 6 (4 mm) circular needle and 1 set dpns.
• Size: One size fits most babies 4-12 months: hat measures 7” high, 12” circumference at widest point, and 7.5” circ at base of neck.
• Notions: Darning needle, 6 stitch markers.
• Skills: Knitting, purling increasing, decreasing.
To make your own adorable Alfalfa hat, download the pattern here. - KGO