The fall 2012 Interweave Knits is here and it is easily one of the best issues we have seen in a long time. Filled with garments and accessories – even two bags and a children’s toy – it is the perfect antidote to the warm + humid summer we’re experiencing on the east coast.
Courtney has a lovely design in the issue, the Amstel Hat, designed using Road to China worsted in the beautiful blue tourmaline colorway. The hat begins at the top of the crown with an invisible cast-on, features mirrored increases and a beautiful chevron textured pattern.
• Yarn: Road to China in blue tourmaline, 2 skeins.
• Needles: 1 – 16″ US 8 (5 mm) circular (cir) and set dpns. 1 – 16″ US 6 (4 mm) cir.
• Notions: Marker (m); tapestry needle.
• Gauge: 16 sts and 28 rows = 4″ in charted patt (Rows 11-24) on larger needles.
• Finished Size: 20″ brim circumference, with ribbing stretched.