biscotti by Lori Versaci and featured in the newly published twin rib collection, is an elegant short sleeved pullover featuring Savannah‘s persimmon, a dusty red-orange originally inspired by the delicious fruit. Lori’s inspiration when designing biscotti was very simple, “create a cute, stylish sweater that would flatter any type of body”; and her design is a beautiful interpretation of a classic pullover.
Both design and yarn go hand and hand in showcasing the texture featured in Savannah due to the reverse stockinette stitch and edged in twin rib for a subtle detail that does not detract from the simplicity of the garment.
The full collection features many elements of sweater knitting that we love – shapes inspired by classic garments, components knit inpieces and seamed for structure and fit, and unique textures that allow the yarn to shine.
• Yarn: Savannah in persimmon, 6 (7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12) skeins
• Needles: 1 – pair US 6 (4.5 mm) straights and circular. 1 – pair US 7 (5 mm) straights.
• Notions: Marker (m); tapestry needle.
• Gauge: 20 stitches and 30 rows = 4″ in St st with smaller needles
• Size: 32 (36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64)” chest
One thought on “Designer Feature: biscotti by Lori Versaci”