We have been enjoying these cool Spring days following all the rain we've had this week on the East Coast. It's been making us all think about Spring and Summer knitting, and while many of you are diligently working on the May Day Mystery Knit-a-Long, we've all finished ours (!) and need a new project! We've got lace, shawls, and wraps on the brain, so here is a round up of our favorite Kelbourne projects. All these Staff Picks will be 25% off this weekend, so get 'em in your queue for some great summer knitting!
"I first designed knit Maude years ago, and was so excited to be able to re-knit and re-publish it in the Gallery Collection last Spring. Sadly, though, the sample I knit is on a trunk show rotation--and my original one from 2005 (knit in Koigu #118, my favorite!) is a bit worse for wear. I really need a new one, and I need some Squam knitting, so I think some Acadia might just make it into my suitcase!"
• Yarn: Acadia in sea lavender, 4 skeins.
• Gauge: 16 sts + 20 rows = 4” in bias pattern.
• Needles: 1 - 24” US 7 (4.5 mm) circular needle.
• Size: 66” wingspan + 26” length
"We recently taught the Parquet pattern as a class at the Yarn Cupboard Retreat, and I cast on and worked the beginning of the pattern beforehand. It had been so long since I had knit it, and I think it would be great in Meadow for a more summery look."
• Yarn: Canopy Fingering in fern, 3 skeins.
• Gauge: 20 sts and 27 rows = 4” (10 cm) in lace pattern.
•Needles: 1 - 36“ (91 cm) US 5 (3.75 mm) circular
"Linden is my favorite shawl! Perfect knitting for summer travel, and exactly the thing I want to throw on my shoulders when I find myself in overly air conditioned spaces. It's so lovely in Savannah, but I want to try swatching it in Canopy Fingering, as well. Guava, anyone?"
• Yarn: Savannah in Woodsmoke, 3 skeins.
• Gauge: 14 sts and 27 rows = 4” in pattern.
• Needles: 1 - 32” (or longer) US 9 (5.5 mm) circs.
• Size: 19.5” deep and 54“ wingspan.
"My favorite shawl pattern at the moment is Honey Hollow. I originally knit the pattern in Terra in the color dark indigo, and let me tell you, I loved the way it turned out! The shawl was originally intended for my mother, but quickly became my go-to winter scarf (sorry, mom). So, with that in mind I'm thinking about a Tundra version of Honey Hollow for the dead of winter - not the best summer knitting, but it will pay off in the end!
• Yarn: Terra, african violet, 4 skeins.
• Gauge: 13.5 sts + 20 rows = 4” (10 cm) in lace pattern, after blocking
• Needles: 1 - 36” (91 cm) US 10 (6mm) circular
• Size: 46” across, 24” deep, 33.5” diagonal
This weekend, now until midnight EST, use the coupon code FAVORITES to take 25% off any of the patterns above! Enjoy the beginning of your summertime knitting!