When designing and knitting this sweater, Kate was heavily inspired by the colors and waves of the Atlantic coast. The combination of bright natural and blue hues makes for a really lovely garment.
• Finished Size: 32 3/4 (37, 40 3/4, 45, 48 3/4, 53)” bust circumference. Sweater shown measures 37”, modeled with 2 1/2” of positive ease.
• Yarn: The Fibre Company Savannah: natural (MC), 5 (6, 6, 7, 7, 8) skeins; denim (CC1), 2 (3, 3, 3, 3, 3) skeins; seafoam (CC2), 1 (1, 2, 2, 2, 2) skein(s).
• Needles: Sizes 4 (3.5 mm) and 6 (4 mm): 24” circular (cir) and set of double-pointed (dpn). Size 6 (4 mm): 40” cir. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
• Notions: Markers (m); stitch holders; tapestry needle.
• Gauge: 22 sts and 31 rnds = 4” in St st on larger needle.
While the cool blue palette in the original design is lovely, we were inspired by our desire to bring some bright color into these dreary winter days. Check out some options below!
Option 1: Seafoam as the Main Color, with Natural and Marigold as the Contrast Colors used in the colorwork at the yoke, cuffs and hem.
Option 2: Natural as the Main Color, with Morning Glory and Pink Grapefruit as the Contrast Colors used in the colorwork at the yoke, cuffs and hem.
Option 3: For a freally bright pop of color, why not use Marigold as the Main Color, with Sage and Pink Chambray as the Contrast Colors used in the colorwork at the yoke, cuffs and hem.
If you're inspired to knit one of your own, stop by your LYS to grab a copy of Interweave Knits, and pick up some Savannah today!