As a result, when we were approached by colorwork knitter extraordinaire, Mary Jane Mucklestone, to contribute to her book, Fair Isle Style, we were delighted!
Kate's contribution to the book are the Scandi Sukkalegs. Called "sukkalegs" in Shetland dialect, leggings make great take-along projects because they are both small and simple. Kate's leg warmers are Norwegian inspired and feature stacks of partial stars and elegant shaping in vertical stripes.
• Yarn: Road to China in Moonstone + Riverstone, 2 skeins each
• Gauge: 21 stitches and 22 rnds = 4 inches in charted pattern
• Needles: US 5 - 3.75 mm + US 7 - 4.5 mm dpns
• Notions: stitch marker, tapestry needle
• Size: 12.25" circumference at top and 14.25" long
Courtney's contribution to the book is the Fara Raglan, a traditionally inspired pullover with retro styling and simple top-down construction. The sweater features alternating peerie bands in each stripe sequence, shaping worked into the solid bands and an vintage-inspired color combination.Pattern Specifications:
• Yarn: Canopy Fingering in quetzal 5 (6, 7, 7, 8) skeins, wild ginger 2 (2, 2, 3, 3) skeins, sarsparilla, conifer, acai, sumac, plum, + laguna, 1 skein each
• Gauge: 30 stitches and 34 rnds = 4 inches in charted pattern
• Needles: US 1 - 2.5 mm + US 2 - 3 mm 16", 24" circs + set dpns
• Notions: stitch marker, tapestry needle, waste yarn holders
• Size: 32 (36.6, 40, 44.75, 48" finished bust measurement
In honor of the book's release, we're delighted to be offering a chance to win a free copy of Fair Isle Style to one of our readers. To win, leave a comment on this post telling us what is the most favorite color work item you've knitted (or if you haven't yet done colorwork - and you should! - what the first project is that you're going to knit). Comments will be open until midnight EST on Friday, September 27th.
For more information about other projects in the book (and more chances to win!) check out the rest of the participants on the Blog Tour here:
Thursday, September 19: Mary Jane Mucklestone - Valenzi Cardigan and Morrowless Socks
Friday, September 20: Carrie Hoge - Peerie Weerie Booties
Monday, September 23: Norah Gaughan - Mareel Shrug
Tuesday, September 24: Courtney Kelly - Fara Raglan + Kate Osborn - Scandi Sukkalegs
Wednesday, September 25: Gudrun Johnston - Bressay Dress
Thursday, September 26: Kat Coyle - Keltin Skirt
Friday, September 27: Kirsten Kapur - Hap-Lapghan